As I mentioned two days ago, Phoebe is now sleeping in her crib. We decided to move her there at night to see if she would sleep better. Above you see how she is even now starting to fill her bassinet, but how tiny she looks as she wakes up in her new bed. Thanks to Aunts Dawn, Kayte and Jenell for the crib! It is wonderful.
I am still on the huge learning curve of nursing Phoebe. I thought I had it down, but new issues keep me reading, asking and praying for help. Yesterday I tried feeding her in the evening as much as she wanted, because of something I read about cluster feeding, when the baby is trying to store up for the hours of sleep ahead. She ate 5 times in 6 hours, which seems to be a lot, but then slept soundly from 10 PM until 3 AM, and then again from 3:30 to 6 AM. It was a nice relief from the previous nights, when she seemed to cry from 11 PM to 2 AM. We'll see how today goes. It it much more of a learning process than I had anticipated, but worth it.
In light of that, I read this morning in my devotional book that, as adopted children of God, we should not hesitate to ask Him for or about anything, just as a child would not hesitate to ask their parent for something he or she wants. The premise was Matthew 7:11, when Jesus says that if we, who are sinful, know how to provide for our children, how much more will God, the Creator and Sustainer of all things, know how to provide for us! This is very encouraging as Greg and I learn to be parents. We can look to God our Heavenly Father as the perfect parent.
So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him. Matthew 7:11 NLT
No comments:
Post a Comment