Phoebe and Mommy have started going on daily walks. Although our apartment is modest, the area we live in has beautiful old homes with lovely landscaping. And, having been raised by two amateur but avid landscapers, I am able to name a few different flowers and bushes here and there that I otherwise wouldn't notice. Phoebe is now being trained to notice these flora on our walks as well. As you can see in the pictures, today she admired the day lilies and daisies from her stroller. She also saw lovely blue, purple and pinkish hydrangea, cone flowers, hostas and even a few spider warts. We are surrounded by God's beautiful creation.
Right now Phoebe is hiccuping in her bassinet. She has now made it through two nights in her big crib. The first night was a little smoother than the second, but we are very proud of her for sleeping in her own room.
I am enjoying my time with Phoebe. I am constantly reminded through advice from friends and family to not rush any day, to enjoy the time I have with her, because it will quickly pass. Because I am still more emotional than normal these days, thoughts like these bring tears to my eyes, and help me treasure these times. I am thankful for this season of life.
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:... ESV Ecclesiastes 3:1
No comments:
Post a Comment