This idea, the one of a household notebook, did not come from a blog originally, but it has been supported by a blog and fellow bloggers. For me, the idea came from this website:
http://organizedhome.com/household-notebook. I had been wanting to keep papers in one place, and this idea was my answer. I made a list of all the things I wanted to keep track of, and they fell into the following categories: Family & Friends, Church, Food, House, and Stuff. I found an old pack of cute tabbed dividers I had from an Office Depot clearance, an old empty binder, and started assembling. Recently, a this blog post (
http://lifeasmom.com/2010/03/my-household-planner-revealed-a-few-free-downloads.html) revealed another source for printables and ideas...this example is custom made and bound by the creator.
Really, at this point, the only category I use consistently is the "Food" category. Monthly meal plans, recipes I want to try, beloved recipes that I currently only have as a print-out, and a pantry inventory (which I need to redo soon) make up this section. The rest of the notebook has lots of potential. Some other examples of things I have in the notebook: an on-going list of thank-you notes to write, my fellowship planning team calendar for Greg's Sunday school class, our parent newsletter from Phoebe's Sunday school teacher, and a list of deep cleaning/organizing projects.
How has this idea (or similar ideas) worked for you?
No comments:
Post a Comment