The Main Public Library
This past week we became more familiar with our new home by visiting a few new places in Columbus. Phoebe and I joined friends at the main library downtown to view their Christmas train during the week. The children's section has two play areas and tons of books, and the train display looked like a replica of a German village. Some the trains even had German on them.
Greg and I also spent some time downtown on Short North and visited the North Market. Our evening on Short North was very cold, as we had gotten "soft" after having lived in Louisville for 4 (6 for Greg) years, but the Italian food at Marcella's was worth it. Greg enjoyed seeing the engineering savy of a restaurant built on an interstate overpass. The Market was wonderful...stands offering Indian, Japanese and Vietnamese foods, as well as pastries, produce, flowers, huge turkey legs, and much more. We enjoyed an Austrian cream cheese plunder and a banana nutella crepe for breakfast...delicious!!
After our delicious dinner at Marcella's.
Greg pondering the engineering dynamics of the overpass.
The North Market from the second level.
Mmmm...banana nutella crepe!
1 comment:
I dont know if I should be ashamed to say I've never been to these places and I have lived in the Columbus area for 10 years.
Post a Comment