12.07.2009

A Tribute to Mamie

My great-aunt Mamie, my Grandpa's sister, passed away this past Thursday night at 88 years old in Walnut Creek, Ohio. I'm very thankful to have had such an example in my life. Here are some of the reasons she was such a blessing to me and to my family...
  • ...she always welcomed family into her home.
  • ...she always had some sort of delicious goody ready to eat (monster cookies come to mind!).
  • ...when we visited, she always had a pitcher of Tang ready.
  • ...she had a sharp mind.
  • ...she a great sense of humor.
  • ...she devoted most of her adult life to caring for her mother, and considered her to be her greatest influence.
  • ...her motto was "not my will, but your's, Lord".
  • ...she looked to Psalm 23 for comfort.
  • ...she was not afraid to die.
  • ...she wanted to be remembered as someone who loved her family and loved the Lord.
While I will miss Mamie dearly, I rejoice that, because Mamie trusted in Christ, I believe she's enjoying all of pleasures of heaven at this very moment. This reminds me of one of my favorite verses, Psalm 16:11:

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

                Mamie holding Phoebe last Christmas.              Phoebe playing the blanket Mamie made for her.

No comments: