1.02.2010

Hoping in God Through His Word in 2010

Happy New Year! Frohes neues Jahr! As we begin this new decade, I have been challenged by the associate pastor at our church (my husband) to hope in God through His word this year. For more information, please visit the blog he's created for our church: http://mark834rbc.blogspot.com/. A Bible reading plan and memorization plans and strategies are among the resources he has made available there. I encourage you to check it out and resolve to put your hope in Jesus Christ, the Word of God by digging into the Bible this year. We are resolving as a couple to memorize the church's verse of the week using the memorization strategy given on the blog.

Back in October, I started reading through the Bible by reading a chapter a day from Genesis, Joshua, Job, Isaiah, Matthew and Romans until I'm finished with the whole Bible. I haven't done it every day, and some days I just end up reading one chapter from one book. I read about this strategy in A Place of Quiet Rest, a great book for women on spending time alone with God in His word by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

One way that Phoebe and I are hoping in God through His word this year is by listening to our new Seeds Family Worship CDs. Here's their link for more information: http://www.seedsfamilyworship.net/. Phoebe loves to bounce and sway to her new music, and I rejoice that the seeds of God's truth are being planted in her little heart.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that picture of the 3 of you! So great!

Hoping with you,
The Stevens Clan

Emily O. said...

I love seeds family worship too! I listen to their music on the internet as I'm doing things around the house.

Val said...

Whoa! I didn't realize their songs were all online! Here's the link for others who are interested: http://www.seedsfamilyworship.net/media_listen.php

There are 5 albums to listen to. So cool.

Sarah said...

Love this photo!!!!