Why do I go to church? I go...
1. To witness lives transformed by God's amazing love and grace.
2. To surround our daughters with others who love and esteem God, and raise them in that environment.
3. To laugh and cry with my brothers and sisters in Christ.
4. To build friendships.
5. To give back to the church what God has blessed us with.
6. To talk to God.
7. To learn how I can be praying for others and be blessed and changed by others' prayers.
8. To be challenged in my daily walk with Christ.
But there's more. Church exists because of Jesus' resurrection, which our pastor preached about this morning (which has challenged me about the centrality and necessity of the resurrection in my life as a believer). However, not only do I get to go to church because of the reasons I've been listing over the past week, I get to have a relationship with God because of Jesus' resurrection. And this relationship is not limited to Sunday mornings, or even Sunday nights and Wednesday nights. My relationship with Jesus is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It, like all other relationships, requires communication (prayer), listening (prayer and the leading of the Holy Spirit), learning about the other Person (reading and studying God's word), trusting (having faith in God's promises), being honest and vulnerable (confession of sin), sacrifice (setting aside my rights to do God's will) and being willing to be changed for the better (sanctification). What an amazing joy it is to know that I know God.
Do you know Jesus? If yes, let's encourage each other to celebrate Jesus' resurrection today and every day! If no, cry out to Him to save you. There is nothing greater than to know Jesus...the risen Son of God, who takes away our sin and restores our broken relationship with Him.
And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21
Happy Easter!!
No comments:
Post a Comment