Why do I go to church?
6. There are always chances to serve others. On Good Friday, we think about the weightiness of Jesus' ultimate sacrifice: becoming sin for us so that we might become the righteousness of God (see the verse from 2 Corinthians below). He, the Son of God, came as the perfect servant (Matthew 20:28). While my service to others is very imperfect, at church each week, I have the opportunity to use gifts, talents and abilities God has given me to encourage others. I love to teach, and currently at church I get to teach 1st and 2nd graders about God. It is a joy to see them grow in their understanding of His character. I also get to see others being their best as they serve. It brings out the best in me and in my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21
"...even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Matthew 20:28
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:... 1 Peter 4:10
No comments:
Post a Comment