3.28.2010

Reason #1: I'm forgiven.

Why do I go to church?

1. I’m forgiven. I do not go to church with the primary purpose of being a good person. I cannot save myself. Instead, Jesus has saved me. The reality that I am forgiven of every wrong I have and will commit is incredibly freeing, and it gives me reason to live my life for Christ. The forgiveness I’ve received through trusting in Jesus makes a relationship with God possible. I want to care for and deepen this relationship by going to church to learn more about Jesus, and be around others who know that they are forgiven as well. Going to church gives me the opportunity to worship and thank Jesus for this forgiveness.

Do you want to know this forgiveness? Please read the verse below...if you believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, to provide you with forgiveness and a restored relationship with Him, tell Him and ask Him to save you!

...because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. Romans 10:9&10

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8-9

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken,
I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.
 – Chris Tomlin


Poor souls are apt to think that all those whom they read or hear of to be gone to heaven, went there because they were so good and holy...Yet not one of them, not any one that is now in heaven (Jesus Christ alone excepted), did ever come there any other way but by forgiveness of sins.
– John Owen

It is gloriously true that the Christian life does not boil down to being good people. At its heart, the Christian life is centered on an on-going trust in Christ.
- Greg Savage :)

For more info, please go to the following link: two ways to live

No comments: