Why do I go to church?
2. The Bible is taught there. The Bible contains the words of life. Not only does the Bible contain the solution for the world’s problems, Jesus, it has the solution for all of my daily problems. When I am worried or anxious, I can read in the Bible and know what to do about it. When a friend is hurting, I can read in the Bible about how to encourage her. When I want to know who God says He is...the Bible is the place to go. For example, in the 1st and 2nd grade class I help teach, we learned this week that God is zealous. See the verse from Isaiah below.
To hear the Bible explained each by my pastor, someone who has studied the Bible thoroughly helps me understand who God is and how I should live in response to Him. And this teaching always points me back to my #1 reason: my need for forgiveness through Jesus. He is the main character of this amazing Book, and His death on the cross and resurrection made this forgiveness possible.
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
The LORD will march out like a mighty man, like a warrior he will stir up his zeal; with a shout he will raise the battle cry and will triumph over his enemies. Isaiah 42:13
No comments:
Post a Comment