Monday was a big day for Phoebe, as well as for Mommy and Daddy and Nonnie (Greg's Mom, who is with us for the week). At 8:00 AM, the earliest we have ever left the house as a family, we traveled to a photographer in PeeWee Valley for Phoebe's newborn photo shoot. According to Angela, the photographer, we were on Phoebe's schedule. This proved true as Phoebe was still hungry when we arrived and needed to be fed. Her schedule continued as we attemped to get the first picture taken. I was holding her up to my chest, her bottom up against me, and then came that familiar sound and smell of a poopie...and I forgot to mention that Phoebe was naked! I used baby wipes to clean clothes for the first time, and for the next few hours until we got home, I smelled worse than a poopie diaper. Needless to say, we followed Phoebe's lead again by letting her calm down for a while. After a few minutes, she was ready to be the center of attention, and had pictures taken in a tiny tutu, on a blanket of pink silk roses, on a black cloth, on a purple fuzzy cloth (which she tried to eat many times), and with the two of us. I anticipate them being way too cute for words.
Following the photo shoot Phoebe went for her newborn check-up at the doctor's office. She has returned to the weight she was when she left the hospital (7 lbs. 8 oz.), and checked out great. Greg had the experience of cleaning up after her and replacing the white paper on the patient bed in the check-up room. We returned home with a soiled shirt, towel, and two soiled blankets, which I am guessing will become the new norm.
In the afternoon, Phoebe recovered from her big morning with some long naps, a few feedings, some more poopie diapers, and eventually settled down for the night. She had an upset stomach during the night, so I am now keeping better track of what I am eating.
Phoebe got her second bath this morning. She most enjoys having her hair washed at Mommy's salon, and her dark hair always comes out looking marvelous.
Every day is a new adventure! Please continue to let us know how you are doing...I am home almost all day and love reading emails and comments.
Pictures above: 1) Greg showing off his latest contribution to the nursery (see verse below) 2) Phoebe getting her hair washed 3) the happy family!
I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea. I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many people, including me. Romans 16:1-2, NIV
2 comments:
What a great story. Welcome to parenthood! You just never know what's going to happen. Don't get overwhelmed when these things happen, just keep laughing. Phoebe is just so adorable, can't wait to see her in person. Roy Ann
Da lernt frau ja richtig suesse englische Worte! poopie! Euren Blog lese ich sehr gerne und erlebe foermlich mit, wieviel Spass ihr bei aller Verantwortung, Muedigkeit etc. mit eurer Tochter habt!
Post a Comment